Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance
Release date: May 30, 2022
Expiration date: May 30, 2024
Estimated time to complete activity: 60 minutes
This course is for advanced practice professionals, neurologists, and other healthcare providers involved in the care of patients with a movement or related disorder.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Recognize the multiple system involvement and their manifestations in autonomic dysfunction
- Apply knowledge of symptoms in autonomic dysfunction to assess, evaluate and manage patients who present with autonomic dysfunction or failure
- Determine etiology of autonomic dysfunction to appropriately identify need to refer and collaborate with other specialties
Kelly Papesh, DNP
Associate Director, APProvider Initiatives
Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires faculty, planners, and others in control of educational content to disclose all their financial relationships with ineligible companies. All identified conflicts of interest (COI) are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality accredited continuing education activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.
The faculty reported the following relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities related to the educational content of this CE activity:
Kelly Papesh, DNP – Speakers Bureau: Amneal, Acorda Therapeutics, Abbvie
The PIM planners and others have nothing to disclose. The PMD Alliance planners and others have nothing to disclose.
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and PMD Alliance. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Computer System Requirements
A smartphone, tablet, or computer with access to the internet.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
Method of Participation and Request for Credit
In order to obtain your CE certificate, please follow the steps below at the conclusion of the activity:
- Go to www.cmeuniversity.com
- Login or Create a New Account (will take less than 1 minute)
- If you receive a message when creating a new account that “the email you entered is already in use”, please click the Forgot my Username or Password link to have your Username and Password sent to you via email
- After logging in, you may be asked to verify/update your information; after doing so, click Save at the bottom of the page
- While logged in, go to https://www.cmeuniversity.com/course/take/122857
- Choose the type of credit you desire
- Complete the online Evaluation
- Receive an immediate CE Certificate to download and/or print for your files
Available CME Credit
Presentation: Autonomic Manifestations in Parkinson's Disease
Quiz: Autonomic Manifestations in Parkinson's Disease
About this course
- 4 lessons
- 0.5 hours of video content